Monday, September 17, 2007

The Young Ones!

So, the year teaching at the religious school, in the computer lab, has started well. The first session of the year involved bring in the youngest students (3 and 4 year olds) and then the two first grade class.

Working with the young one can be a lot of fun. Okay, so when it comes to putting the lessons together, I know at class time, I will not be able to give them War and Peace, or get them involved in a great discussion. Still, they tend to be very appreciative of the efforts that you put in. I have had a number of young students come up to me and hug me as they are getting set to leave the lab, because they had such a good time.

I have also found sites that work for them. On-line coloring is always very good. So are jigsaw puzzles. Normally I would not recommend this for young children, but you can change the cut on the computer to as little as four pieces (which often they can handle) as well as having an auto solve button on the computer.

Apparently the teacher who handled this grade last year must have liked my style, and working with me. She has signed up a number of times for the computer, I believe 4 times over the course of the year. This may be the most amount of times a teacher is bringing his/her class into the lab. Hopefully I will prove this teacher’s trust in my correct and she will be glad at the end of the year that she signed up for some many sessions.

No comments: