Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Are You Trying To Tell Me Something?

I think the gods are trying to tell me something. For the past two years I have taught in the Computer Lab of a religious school. I enjoy this and have posted blog entries about my experiences. I expect to be teaching in the computer lab again next year, at the same religious school.

It should come as no surprise that what this school does is set up appointments with the teachers over the summer and have the individuals sign letters of intent and discuss and changes or any issues that need to be taken care of. The school contacted me to set up such a meeting about a month ago and we found a mutually acceptable date, or so I thought.

A couple of days before the scheduled meeting I got a call from the administration that they needed to reschedule as something had come up for one of the people I need to meet with. We rescheduled the meeting only for me to get another call a couple of days before that we needed to reschedule once again.

This time, I had something come up and a couple of days before the meeting, I called to reschedule. Again, we found a mutually acceptable date. Two days before that meeting I got another call and guess what? Yep! We needed to reschedule and we did.

I was so excited when I did not get a call two days before this meeting, asking me to reschedule. I showed up to this meeting only to find out that the secretary did not have me on the calendar and one of the people with whom I need to meet was not there. So, we have rescheduled once again.

It is a good thing that I know they like me there and that I cancelled one of these meetings, otherwise, I would be wondering (or be getting set to start wondering) what they are trying to tell me.

I actually have no doubt that I will be back there come September but honestly, it is getting a little frustrating.

No comments: