Friday, March 14, 2008

A Snow Day

Last Sunday, I got the day off from teaching in the computer lab. I enjoyed having a day off from Religious School. Even though I enjoy working there, it was nice to have a day off. What was even nicer was, the call was made Saturday night. As a result, I got a call in the evening that I did not need to be in come the next morning.

As it turned out, I had been falling behind on getting my lesson plans together. I knew what the instructor who was bringing his kids to the lab wanted me to cover, but I just had not had a chance to search the web, find my links, and have everything put together. As luck would have it, just as I sat down at the computer to work on this was when the call came in. Not only did I get a day off, because I had procrastinated (or honestly, just been so busy), I did not even have to put anytime into working on a lesson that ultimately would never be used anyway.

Now, I am feeling a little guilty. This week, once again, has been hectic. It will probably be Saturday night when I sit down to my computer to get my lesson plan together. Once again, my day jobs have just been piling up work and I have been taking a lot of it home. It feels like I am just barely getting it done on time, but I am getting it done!

I know this Sunday we will not be having another storm. I will be showing up to the synagogue’s computer lab and I will need to have a lesson plan ready to go. It looks like once again, it will be waiting until the last minute.

Fortunately I have a number of effective websites in my files and the kids seem to enjoy them. Still, I hope to stop this last minute stuff and be able to spend some more time getting everything together.

No comments: