Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Overseas Friends

I do not know how many of you are getting your phone lists ready but I know I am. Like many other people who celebrate the Jewish Holidays, I find that I call my Jewish friends a few times a year to wish them a ‘Good Yontif’.

I call friends and family before Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. I call them before (and after) Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. I also call them before Passover. As I said, I know a lot of people do this.

Of course, it can get to be expensive. Certainly calling most people inter and intra state is not bad and many of us have a phone plane where we can make all the calls we want for one set monthly fee. Unfortunately these plans do not include overseas calls.

I do have some friends in Israel and I like to call them as well. It is really the only times we speak (although we do correspond in other methods throughout the year). Still, if there is a way where the cost of these calls can be kept under control, it is certainly appreciated.

There are now prepaid phone cards to international locations, which might be able to help. Whether you are looking to for india phone cards, or to call Israel or another location, it might just be a way to save some money.

No comments: