Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thank You

In this day and age when so much is done on line and you can send greeting cards on line, I feel it means so much to get a hand written thank you not. I have always felt that way about Thank you cards. I remember when I worked at day camp one summer, it was customary for the parents to tip the counselors at the end of the summer. The camp recommended (keep in mind this was a number of years ago) between $20-$30. I remember feeling I would rather get a $25 tip and a Thank you card, with a hand written note, than a $30 tip. Okay, I am materialistic enough that I would rather a $30 tip and no card than a $20 tip, but the point is, money gets spent, Thank you Cards are a personalized item you can keep forever.

I have found, over the years, what works well for me is to keep a box of nice Thank you Cards on hand, in a safely stored area (hopefully I’ll be able to remember where I put them). Then, when I need one, I can easily get one, write the note immediately and get it out.

The personal touch goes a long way. So, if you are heading over to someone’s Seder for Passover, why not make sure you have a box of Thank You notes on hand.

No comments: