Friday, April 25, 2008

Too Much Passover

I do not know about the rest of you but I am ‘Passovered out’. Okay, I admit to feeling as thought I had eaten enough matzah after the end of the first Seder. Things were very nice and very enjoyable. Still, I find working during Hol Ha’moed, the intermediate days, is very difficult.

Perhaps things would be just as difficult no matter what but it is the little things that I won’t do that make things more difficult. For instance, when I am teaching, I do not stop to get a cup of coffee before heading to class. When I have my late night class, I end up bringing food from home for lunch and dinner. Passover food tends to be quite heavy and takes a lot out of me.

I do enjoy the Holiday of Passover. I even enjoy the Passover foods. I just wish that I could eat them in addition to the other foods. Okay, so each year, for a week I can manage and I really do not complain, but this year it really seems to have taken its toll on my stomach and my overall mental approach. I find myself feeling more tired and just not energized.

So, to anyone else feeling like me, I say, “Hang in there. It is just another couple of days and you can do it!”

No comments: